Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Random Acts of Christmas Kindness: Day 9

Here it comes! Christmas is just a few short days away! It's already day 9 of my Random Acts of Christmas Kindness. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I still am having a really hard time feeling like it’s Christmas. It could be due to the fact that it was in the 70s today or that Christmas is on the weekend, so my Dad doesn’t get any extra days off work. Maybe it’s because we haven’t driven around and looked at lights, or sat on the floor and watched a Christmas movie. Whatever it is, one thing that always gets me in the Christmas spirit is my mom’s baking. This year she’s made chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies, Christmas mints, chocolate and candy cane covered pretzel sticks, butterscotch bundles, mini cherry tarts, white chocolate covered peanut butter ritz, and some kind of bread. I’m hoping these goodies will help get me in the spirit! So for today’s random act of Christmas kindness, I decided to share some of these delicious goodies with the mailman. I fixed him up a plate with a variety of treats and wrote him a little card thanking him for all of his work. I wrapped it up and left it in the mailbox for him to get! When I went back later to check the mail, the goodies were gone, which is a good sign! I hope he’s enjoying them and that they are helping him get in the holiday spirit too!


No comments:

Post a Comment