Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ho Ho Ho, Pay It Forward.

It’s officially 12 days until Christmas! This wouldn’t be a significant amount of time if it weren’t for the obnoxiously long Christmas song chronicling the 12 days leading up to Christmas. I don’t know if it’s the weather, or the fact that I don’t have a Christmas tree yet, but I have not gotten into the holiday spirit yet this year. So I have a plan to get myself in the Christmas spirit. What are the holidays all about? Jesus and cookies and singing and family? Yes, that too. But also, the holidays are about giving. So what better way to celebrate the 12 days leading up to Christmas then to practice 12 random acts of kindness- one each day leading up to the holiday! I’m going to try to go out of my way to do something special for someone everyday, whether it be buy a gift card for the person behind me in the grocery store, or donate canned goods to the local food bank. What better way to get in the holiday spirit than to help others? So for the next 12 days, I’ll be chronicling my own 12 days of Christmas. I would encourage you to participate too, in whatever way you can! Can you imagine how much happiness could be spread if a few people took a little extra time out of their day to help someone else. So let me know if you decide to participate! Even if it’s only one day, it’s better than nothing. Merry Christmas, friends. I can’t wait to update you on my holiday adventure!

PS- If you're in the Wilmington area, and would like to help, I'll be heading to the local food bank on Monday to bring canned goods. If you would like to donate any canned items, please let me know!


Merry Christmas, from little me and big Santa!

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea, Brooke and a great reminder of what the holidays should really be about. I think that's something that has been forgotten lately. Sadly I too am really not in the Christmas spirit although our tree being put up did make me smile so maybe there's a little of it in there somewhere. It would help if it would snow already. I can't believe I just said I want snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some suggestions of things I like to do :)

    -pay for the person's order behind you at a coffee shop/drive thru
    -take someone's shopping cart back to the front of the store
    -if you are in line at the grocery store let someone go in front of you

    ReplyDelete