Friday, December 30, 2011

Overwhelmed

I don’t deal well with anxiety. I suppose not many people do. But I really really struggle (see previous blog about Panic Disorder). And if you know me at all, or have read my blog, you know I have a big week coming up (see previous blog about my fear of planes). On Tuesday, I’m getting on a plane for the first time in 10 years and flying across the country to California. Now don’t get me wrong, I am SO excited. But still, the anticipation leading up to the trip is a little bit killer. I’ve been doing fine and not really thinking about it up until today. But it just seems like there’s so much going on right now, I can’t help but being a little a lot overwhelmed. Right now my aunt and my 2 sweet younger cousins are here. They are so much fun and seriously the most adorable children in the world, but they are exhausting. On top of that, I have my CAN state license exam in the morning (yes, on New Years Eve). I don’t know exactly where the testing facility is, or what skills I’ll have to perform, or how long I’ll be there, or what exactly to expect, and that makes me nervous. And then on Monday, I pack up and leave home and head back to Charlotte, where I will then unpack and repack for LA. Tuesday is flying day. Then a nice, hopefully relaxing, vacation in California, before we fly back the morning of the first day of classes. A slight bit of poor planning on that one? Perhaps. I don’t even know what campus my classes are on. I don’t know the classroom, the professors name, or what books I might need. Not to mention that I have 2 online classes that I don’t know how to access. So yes. Yes, I am a little bit stressed and a little bit anxious. And since I pretty much suck at compartmentalizing, I’m thinking about all of these things at the same time. So, if you don’t hear from me for a few days, don’t worry; It’s probably my brain just exploding.

1 comment:

  1. 1. You're going to beast your CNA exam. Having been your fake patient before I know that one.
    2. I'll be packing on Monday/Tuesday too, we can break for scrab and Subway and it will be wonderful :)
    3. I LOVE flying so I'll just keep you with me and before you know it we'll be keeping up with the Kardashians (or at least Stephanie Tanner) on the West Coast!
    4. Possibly a bit of poor planning on coming back the day of classes, but oh well. What's life without a little adventure?!
    5. Annnnnnd I am SOOOOOO excited that you're coming back to Charlotte soon! Yay!

    Love,

    The Best Roommate in the World!!!

    ReplyDelete