Friday, December 16, 2011

Random Acts of Christmas Kindness: Day 4

Well, it’s day 4 of my “12 days of Christmas giving” and it didn't go exactly as planned. But I think today’s lesson is that nobody’s perfect. I woke up early this morning to drive to Greenville, NC to watch my best friend of 16 years graduate from college. It was so much fun and I’m so proud of her! But because I was traveling and busy all day, I haven’t had time to actively participate in a random act of kindness. I was feeling kind of bummed about this and the fact that I "failed". However, I then got an e-mail that made me feel much better! I received an e-mail from a girl named Alyssa informing me that she was going to participate in the Christmas giving project. She then e-mailed me to tell me she bought some toys to deliver to Toys For Tots. I’m so excited!
Okay, so maybe I didn’t directly do a random act of kindness today, but it felt good knowing that someone else was inspired to participate in these random acts! So I’m gonna say that I didn’t necessarily ‘fail’ today. I just participated in a different way. I’d like to think I supported and inspired. I spent the day supporting my friend and celebrating her graduation with her, and I helped to inspire someone else to give. So maybe it’s not perfect, and maybe it’s not exactly how I planned, but today was still a success in my book!

Here’s a picture Alyssa sent me. These are the toys she purchased to donate. THANK YOU so much, Alyssa. You are amazing and you are making someone’s life a little brighter!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome --
    That is my goal for this weekend as well! Inspired by you, to do a random act of kindness! I'll keep you posted :) You have such an BEAUTIFUL heart Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I don't know why this silly thing won't let me log in to comment! But let me know how it goes! It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete