Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Funk

I am now going on day 7 of “the funk”. It all started last Monday when I worked a 15 hour day on Eastbound and Down. I had a great day on set, then came home and immediately went to bed. I woke up on Tuesday in the strangest mood. I was exhausted, delirious, and in a horrible mood. And I have been in a bad mood ever since. I don’t know what it is or what’s going on (and no, it’s not that time of the month, so don’t even go there!). I have been so easily annoyed by people and very quickly frustrated and snappy. Something just isn’t right. My hair won’t lay right, my clothes don’t look right on me, and half of the time I can’t tell if I want to cry, laugh, or scream. Maybe I’m just overwhelmed by the fact that in the next 3 weeks I have to go to 2 weddings (both requiring travel), dog sit for 3 dogs, host some out of town guests, do lots of packing, prepare for school to start, study 15 chapters, and move my whole life to Charlotte. Maybe it’s the fact that I’ve been in this flipping house with my parents for the whole summer. (Love my parents, but no person in their right mind should live with their parents for more than a few weeks after the age of 18). Maybe I’m just going crazy? Who knows. I’ve tried being around friends and being by myself. I’ve tried napping and staying awake. Eating healthy and eating chocolate. So far, I have not found the solution to my funk. But I’m hoping that as time goes on my funk will just disappear and the more normal me will come back-suggestions are more than welcome.
 But until then, I will just watch this video over and over again- because I love the song, the dancing, and the show! So here you go, Glee kids! I will gladly give up my funk!

No comments:

Post a Comment