Thursday, July 7, 2011

But why?

Much like an annoying 6 year old, I’m a curious person, and lately I have had lots of question, so I decided to compile a list of 25 things that I don’t understand. Enjoy!

25 things that confuse me:
1. Why do we take required naps in kindergarten when our toughest activity is coloring, but we have no time for naps in high school?
2. Why doesn’t glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
3. Why do boys have adams apples?
4. Why do paper cuts hurt so much?
5. Why do teachers assign so much homework if they just complain about grading it?
6. What makes a fruit a fruit, and a vegetable a vegetable? Is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable?
7. If birds can fly as high as they want, then why do the fly low enough to get hit by cars?
8. Why do onions make you cry?
9. What the heck is leap year and why?
10. How does the internet work?
11. Why do you always have to pee when you’re hiding during Hide and Go Seek?
12. What’s the deal with jellyfish? I can see through them, but I don’t see a brain.
13. Who says money can’t buy happiness? I think they’re wrong.
14. Why do doctors leave the room when you’re changing if they are gonna see you naked anyways?
15. When Athiests go to court, do they have to swear on the Bible?
16. Where did Donkey Kong get his name? He is not a donkey.
17. Who discovered milk and what were they thinking?
18. Why don’t we digest corn? Are we really supposed to be eating it?
19. Why are yawns contagious?
20. Why does your heart stop when you sneeze?
21. Why has no one figured out how to make a windshield wiper that can reach that little triangle on the windshield?
22. Why do men have nipples?
23. Why are most foods that taste so good usually so bad for you?
24. Why do doughnuts have holes? I want my moneys worth!
25. How is Casey Anthony walking free? And who killed her daughter?

3 comments:

  1. 22. Why do men have nipples?

    (This question was answered in my biology class this year. Bear with me as I nerdily answer it)

    Men have nipples because, just as females have trace amounts of testosterone, men have trace amounts of estrogen that cause them to grow nipples in utero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i love it. thanks for answering, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4. Why do paper cuts hurt so much?

    *************

    I got one earlier at work from labels and they definitely hurt a heck more than anything else seems to, for sure!

    ReplyDelete