Friday, July 1, 2011

E! True Hollywood Story

“I’m the greatest star- I am by far, but no one knows it!”

I would say it was right around the time that Kelly Clarkson won American Idol that I began to feel a desire to make something of myself. Kelly winning showed that an ordinary girl from an ordinary town could make something of herself and win over America with talent and a sweet personality! As abnormal and strange as this may sound, ever since then I realize that I kept a mental montage in my head of what my E! True Hollywood story would look like someday. I imagined my Dad talking about my dance recitals when I was younger- about how I was shy until you got to know me and then my personality would really shine through. Or I could picture my Mom talking about how I have always been very dramatic and light up on stage or in front of people. Heck, I could even picture my 7th grade English teacher talking about how she had to yell at me to stop singing in the middle of class. It wasn’t until recently when I talked to my friends that I realized that most people aren’t thinking of their Hollywood story. I think my overwhelming desire to be a part of something big is much stronger than most people my age. And some days I think “it’s gonna happen. I’m going to get discovered somehow.” And other days I get discouraged thinking about Selena Gomez, Lucy Hale, Chloe Moretz, Dakota Fanning, and other child stars who are much younger than me who have already established themselves. I’m going to be 22 in less than a week and I have done nothing. I probably will do nothing in the acting world because that kind of thing happens to other people. And although that may be true, I can’t help but to think of what could be. Maybe I need to grow up and get my head out of the clouds and face reality, or maybe it’s okay to dream just a little bit longer.

1 comment:

  1. But Brooke, how many of those child stars that you talk about end up being big adult stars? Most adult stars start out as adults. Wouldn't you rather make a wonderful career out of your dream than become a washed-out child star?

    Btw, I don't think it's childish to dream. If you want it bad enough, it will happen :)

    ReplyDelete