Tuesday, September 13, 2011

NY Fashion Week. Why Am I Not There??

Well, this week is New York Fashion Week and I really can’t think of any other place I’d rather be. But here I am, in Charlotte, trying to be crafty, decorate an apartment, and learn how to clean dentures. But just because I am states and miles away doesn’t mean I can’t dream. Afterall, attending NY Fashion Week is #41 on my bucket list of things to do before I die. So to hold me over until my dream somehow comes true, I have been keeping up with the fashion blogs religiously. Here are a few of my favorite looks from the runway:









BCBG- I have recently discovered the amazingness that is BCBG, and this dress is no different. Absolutely gorgeous. Surprisingly, I love the color. I also love the neckline and the cute jacket over top.











Chris Benz- Chris Benz is quirky, and I love it. I think that his looks are good for the runway, but I’m not sure that I’d ever be able to pull them off. I love the jacket and the dress in the first picture. I love how the color of the belt ties into the dress colors. In the second shot, I really like the sleeves and the general cut of the dress. I’m really into long sleeve dresses right now. And the last dress is just perfection. The neckline, the length, the colors, the pattern, the belt…just yes.





Jason Wu- Yes. Please. I absolutely am obsessed with this first dress. I love how girly and flirty it is. I love that it’s shorter in the front & longer in the back. I love the colors & the deep V neckline. The second dress is simple, the color is simple, & the cut is simple. There is something to be said for simplicity. With the third look,, I so wish I could pull this off. The high waisted shorts are classy. And paired with the black floral blouse, this look is timeless.




Jenny Packham- If I’m being honest, I would have to say that Jenny Packham’s collection is probably my favorite. I would wear all of these outfits (if I had an occasion). That being said, the first dress might be my favorite of all of fashion week (so far). I love the baby blue color, the light flowy material, and even the shoes bring a little pop of color to the already perfect dress. The second dress speaks for itself. It’s classy and flowy and would be perfect for a summer red carpet. The third dress incorporates 2 of my favorite things, lace and yellow. The sleeves and the neckline are so delicate looking. And then the dress fades from white to a light yellow. Just…ahh..yes. And the last dress is so simple and so practical. The solid white, lace dress would look perfect with a pair of brightly colored heels. You win, Jenny Packham, you win.


Lela Rose- I love the colors of the first look and the mix of prints. I really really hope that gold/yellow color comes into fashion this fall/spring. I love it. The second dress is so perfect for spring. I can see someone wearing that at the Azalea Festival. The floral print and the light pastel colors are so elegant. I want the third dress in my closet right now. That’s really all I can say. The color, the material, the embellishments, and the sleeves- it’s wonderful. The next look is a great spring look as well. The skirt is a great length; just above the knee is short enough for a spring look, but long enough to be classy. The top has a nice pop of color and I love the flow. The next look is a simple dress, but the color and the cut really make this dress stand out to me. And the last look is a sweet dress with a tight silver corset top, with a flowing dotted bottom. I love the contrast of the tightness and the flow. Overall, I think the Lela Rose collection is gorgeous and something I could see myself wearing.











LUCA LUCA- I have followed Luca Luca’s collection for a while now, and usually love almost everything. However, this fashion week I only saw one outfit that I liked. But when I say I liked it, I really really liked it- the unique cut and the simplicity of the white. Plus, look at those models legs. I will wear anything that could make my legs look like that!!
















Rachel Roy- I love Rachel Roy and I think she’s one of the most beautiful designers out there. The first look is the blue jacket/shorts combo. I love the femininity of the cut and color. I also really love the somewhat abnormal cut of the bottom of the jacket. Clean lines and soft colors. Classy. The second look is something I would never actually be able to wear, but I love the concept. The coral top is what drew my eye in at first, but I also really love the print shorts too. I’m not really sure who could pull of that outfit, but I know it’s not me, and that's a shame!









So, no I’m not Joan Rivers, I’m not a fashion designer or critic- I’m just a girl who dreams of nice clothes, cute shoes, and New York Fashion Week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment