Sunday, January 16, 2011

Maybe

124 days until graduation and I can honestly say I’ve never been more over school then I am now. I have also never been more excited, nervous, scared, anxious, and curious all at the same time. Half of me feels like I want to crap my pants in fear, and the other half wants to jump with excitement. As far as the future goes, I am a very planned person and I like what I know, so the plan was always to graduate in May and start nursing school in August. But as the time creeps closer, I can’t help but think, what else is out there? When in my life will I be able to explore my career options and travel and try new things without it being called a midlife crisis? I’m not saying I don’t want to go to nursing school, I’m just saying maybe not right now (which seems to be a common theme in my life, but more on that later). So who knows…maybe I will graduate and…well, first off that’s a big MAYBE…but maybe I will graduate and get into nursing school and move to Nashville or Charlotte and become a settled down adult with a real job. Or maybe I will get an internship in New York and turn into a city girl while developing a love of Starbucks and a lack of manners. Or maybe I will move back home with my parents and slowly go insane…eating toilet paper by the roll and sleeping with a hair dryer…(I just watched My Strange Addiction on TLC). Maybe. There has never been a time in my life where my future has been so wide open and up in the air, and maybe I’m excited, and maybe I’m scared. Maybe you’ll have to keep reading to find out how things turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment