Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gymnastics Bug

Here are some widely known facts about me, that you probably have already figured out:

1. I get entirely too emotionally invested in TV shows
1a. I have the TV habits of a 15 year old girl
2. I used to dance and do gymnastics/acro. It was my life for years and years.
3. I greatly enjoy living in the past.

Which leads me to my next point. One of my guilty pleasure TV shows is “Make It Or Break It” on ABC Family. For those of you who don’t obsessively watch ABC Family, Make It Or Break It is about a group of ultra talented gymnasts who are training to go to the 2012 Olympics. There’s a main group of 4 girls who have different obstacles to overcome, but season 2 leaves us with 3 of the girls competing at Worlds, which is the step before the Olympics. Needless to say, I am really into this show. I started watching it because the gymnastics were absolutely amazing, but I quickly got sucked into the dramatic storylines. I was lucky to meet 2 of the girls at the Team True Beauty event in January, which only really fueled my obsession. So over my spring break, I decided to rewatch all of season 2 to prepare for the upcoming season 3. And with the upcoming season premier and the impending summer Olympics, I have been bitten by the gymnastics bug. Hard. My obsession with Make It Or Break It, combined with my small and very amateur past history with gymnastics, and my love of living in the past, led me to spend a lot of my time in my backyard doing cartwheels, handstands, roundoffs, front walkovers, and front handsprings. However, I am not a gymnast. So if you want to see what all the fuss is about, enjoy this gymnastics clip from Make It Or Break It and see what I’m talking about!



   Me pretending I have gymnastics skills. And hanging out with Josie Loren who plays Kaylie Cruz and Cassie Scerbo who plays Lauren Tanner

 Do you guys have a favorite gymnastics event? Bars? Beam? Floor? Vault?

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love gymnastics. I am so excited for the Summer Olympics and too watch it, then :) My favorite? Probably have to be floor routine!

    P.S. I have a super weird obsession with television as well. Really!

    ReplyDelete