Friday, August 5, 2011

A True Inspiration: Ben Comen

In life we will face many challenges. It’s how we handle those challenges that really shows our true character. Before tonight, I had never heard of Ben Comen; yet after watching this video, I don’t think I will ever forget him.


Ben was dealt what some might consider a difficult card in life. However, Ben refused to be defined by his circumstances. He refused to be confined by his limitations. Ben pushed through, and when things got touch, he pushed harder. You see, all Ben wanted was to be a part of a team- to feel loved, appreciated, and to belong. And his perseverance, attitude, and, no doubt, personality, made it easy for others to respect and appreciate Ben. There are so many things I could say I’ve learned from this young man, but I think the most important is that your circumstances do not have to define you. You can be who you want to be, with effort, strength, courage, and perseverance. So what’s stopping you? What’s stopping me?

No comments:

Post a Comment