Thursday, February 17, 2011

Where is the love?

Unique. Individual. One of a kind. Exceptional. Extraordinary. Special.
Like fingerprints and snowflakes, no two people are alike. At this moment there are 6,900,644,905 people in this world, and each person has something that makes them unique. I think that if we take a minute to really think about this, this is one of the absolute coolest concepts! So here is a question (and somethat that I am completely guilty of as well)...Why do we try to look like, act like, or be someone we're not? Why do we try to force other people to be, look like, or act like someone they're not? Sure, there are things about myself that I would like to change, and there are people who have qualities that I greatly admire. But what's not to say that other people aren't saying that very same thing about you and me? We all have our own individual strengths and weaknesses. We should use our strengths to help others in their time of weakness, rather than to overpower them and impose our personal beliefs on people who need help, support, or sometimes just a friend. I guarantee you that one day you will be the one in a time of weakness looking for someone stronger to guide you along and help you. Out of the 6.9 billion people in the world right now, I would be willing to bet that if you boil it down to the basics, most of these people want one thing: to love and be loved in return. So with 6.9 billion people, 6.9 billion personalities, 6.9 billion strengths, shouldn't we be able to fill this world with more love?

-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment